Table of Contents
- Health Care Models
Health Care Models
Government Health Care
- The government provides health care: doctors, nurses, technicians, hospitals, clinics, labs.
- The private sector provides health care paid for by government-provided health insurance.
Government Control and Subsidies
- The private sector provides health care and insurance under government regulation and with government subsidies.
- Health care and insurance are left to the free market.
Models Around the World
Models in the US
- Commonwealth Fund
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development
- PBS Frontline Documentary Sick Around the World
- TR Reid
- World Health Organization